APAI Award Nominations
Vincent O’Leary Award
The Vincent O’Leary Award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to APAI and has demonstrated vision, leadership and commitment to the field of parole.
- Nominee is a practicing or retired professional in the field of parole.
- Nominee must have made a significant conribution the Association and the field of parole on the local, regional, national or international level.
- Nominee must be nominated by an active member of APAI.
Ben Baer Award
The Ben Baer Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a significant service in the field of parole or community corrections.
- Nominee must be a board member, parole agent, examiner, analyst or community corrections professional who not only has performed assigned duties in an outstanding manner, but has made a significant contribution to the parole or community corrections profession at the local, regional or national level.
- Nominee must have brought credit or honor to the profession of parole.
- Nominee must be nominated by an active member of the APAI.
Community Service Award
The Community Service Award recognizes an individual or organization which has contributed asignificantly to the furthering of the rehabilitative efforts of parole.
- Nominee is involved with the parole or community corrections system.
- Nominee is involved in this work as a volunteer, support person, support agency or not-for-profit organization.
KEY TO REGIONS:
1 = NORTHEASTERN:
Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Rhode Island, U.S. Parole Commission and all U.S. Military Parole Boards.
2 = SOUTHERN
: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Virgin Islands and West Virginia.
3 = CENTRAL:
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
4 = WESTERN:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
5 = INTERNATIONAL:
All non-US Countries