The Association of Paroling Authorities International is a global association dedicated to the accomplishment of public safety and successful offender reentry through training, education, standards of evidence-based research and best practices, providing peer-based technical assistance and support in collaboration with strategic partners.
- We believe that the parole process is essential to a fair and just criminal justice system that enhances public safety.
- We are dedicated to professional development of those involved in the parole process.
- We are committed to the development, improvement and utilization of consistent and rational parole practices.
- We believe in the human dignity of all and shall demonstrate this belief to the community, victims and offenders through our practices.
- We believe in the development of leadership that creates an environment to guide, influence and facilitate best practices.